The ASCB is a nine member board, with five public members and four industry members.
- Raewyn Anderson – (Chair) Raewyn Anderson has been Chair of the Advertising Standards Complaints Board since 1 April 2016. She is a barrister, accredited adjudicator and an experienced complaints manager. She is very familiar with the application of standards in assessing whether a threshold has been breached. Raewyn has been a member of the ASCB since 2014.
- Colin Magee – (Deputy Chair) Founder of a financial technology business, Colin was previously Head of Conduct at the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). In this role he had extensive experience reviewing advertising materials to assess whether they met regulatory requirements. Prior to this Colin worked in roles as a consultant and General Counsel and Company Secretary for financial services companies in the United Kingdom.
- Everard Halbert – Rongowhakaata/ Te Arawa/ Ngāti Tamawhiti. He lectured in Māori Studies at Victoria University of Wellington and is an enrolled Barrister and Solicitor. He is a trainer and assessor in conflict resolution. He works often in the restorative justice, mediation, and Te Pae Oranga spaces. Everard has worked with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, New Zealand Police, Victoria University of Wellington, Ministry of Justice, Corrections, and others. He has one son.
- Marj Noble – Self-employed registered Tax Agent/Accountant who has spent some years filling disciplinary roles within regulated industries. Recently appointed by the NZ Medical Council to sit on Professional Conduct Committees filling the Layperson role. Recently finished a five year term as Chair of a CAC (complaints assessment committee) with the Real Estate Agents Authority and works when required for NZ Psychologists Board on PCC’s (Professional Conduct Committees). A member of the Plumbers Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board for two terms and during the second term took responsibility for its disciplinary function.
Public Member Alternates:
- Lachlan Grimwade – Lachlan brings an informed voice of younger New Zealanders to the ASCB. With a Commerce Degree specialising in Marketing and Commercial Law, he is currently completing his Master’s degree with a thesis in political advertising. Formerly a marketing tutor at Victoria University, Lachlan is a Policy Analyst in the Ministry for Primary Industries’ Economic Intelligence Unit. He is an engaged member of the community with involvements in radio, competing at international sailing events, and supporting youth and college sport as a Trustee of the Wellington Youth Sailing Trust.
- Sinead Mcleod – Sinead has entered into postgraduate studies after working the past year as a management consultant at PwC. Her passions and studies lay in the realm of social marketing/behaviour change for social good with particular interest in communications. She has previously worked as a social media marketing expert at a private equity firm and is currently working as a behaviour change consultant on a short term contract. Sinead aims to provide a voice for vulnerable groups and uphold a strong stance on social responsibility.
- Diana Roy – Born and grew up in Beijing, China, Diana moved to New Zealand in 2011 for her master’s degree, and not long after graduating decided to stay permanently. Diana works as a Chartered Accountant providing financial compliance services and tax advice to business and individuals in an international Chartered Accountancy firm. Prior to this she worked for five years as an auditor and specialised in public benefit entities such as charities and schools. Diana is an active member in the Chinese community in Wellington.
The industry members come from diverse backgrounds in the advertising industry.
- Russell Duncan – Advertisers (Land Information New Zealand)
- Andrea Fasching – Media (TVNZ)
- Daniel Kebbell – Media (Trade Me)
- Grant Maxwell – Advertising Agencies (EightyOne)
- Katrina Reinsfield – Media (Stuff)
- Jessica Wallace – Advertisers (The Co-operative Bank)
- Parris Downey – (Alternate) Media (Go Media)
- Abi Skelton – (Alternate) Advertising Agencies (Saatchi & Saatchi)
- Nicole Jones – (Alternate) Media (Discovery)