The ASCB is a nine member board, with five public members and four industry members.
- Raewyn Anderson – (Chair) Raewyn Anderson has been Chair of the Advertising Standards Complaints Board since 1 April 2016. She is a barrister, accredited adjudicator and an experienced complaints manager. She is very familiar with the application of standards in assessing whether a threshold has been breached. Raewyn is also a marriage celebrant and has a young family. Raewyn has been a member of the ASCB since 2014.
- Dr Deborah Read – (Deputy Chair) Registered medical practitioner with specialist qualifications in public health medicine. Public Health Consultant and Associate Professor at the Centre for Public Health Research, Massey University. Former Deputy Chair, Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Colin Magee – Founder of a financial technology business, Colin was previously Head of Conduct at the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). In this role he had extensive experience reviewing advertising materials to assess whether they met regulatory requirements. Prior to this Colin worked in roles as a consultant and General Counsel and Company Secretary for financial services companies in the United Kingdom.
- Anaru Mill – Ngati Porou/Ngati Kahungunu. A Consultant with a focus on government policy and project management services, Anaru has a particular interest in the Crown-Maori relationship and a passion for technology. Aside from a period from 2009-2015 as a Policy Advisor responsible for the Treaty, Conservation, Culture and Heritage, Maori Development and Ethnic Affairs portfolios within the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet – Anaru has been a self-employed company director since 2001. He is married with two sons aged 9 and 20 years.
- Marj Noble – Self-employed registered Tax Agent/Accountant who has spent some years filling disciplinary roles within regulated industries. Recently appointed by the NZ Medical Council to sit on Professional Conduct Committees filling the Layperson role. Recently finished a five year term as Chair of a CAC (complaints assessment committee) with the Real Estate Agents Authority, and works when required for NZ Psychologists Board on PCC’s (Professional Conduct Committees). A member of the Plumbers Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board for two terms and during the second term took responsibility for its disciplinary function.
The industry members come from diverse backgrounds in the advertising industry.
- Rachel Prince – Advertisers (NZ Transport Agency)
- Russell Duncan – Advertisers (Health Promotion Agency)
- Grant Maxwell – Advertising Agencies
- Abigail Skelton – (Alternate) Advertising Agencies (Saatchi & Saatchi)
- Parris Downey – (Alternate) Media (Yango NZ)
- Andrea Fasching – Media (TVNZ)
- Jude Taylor – (Alternate) Media (Mediaworks)