Do you ever consider how well you and your people know and understand the ASA Codes and processes? Or perhaps you’ve recently experienced the complaints process for the first time ?
While the Advertising Standards may not always be top of mind in your busy job, they are a key part of maintaining advertising self-regulation in New Zealand. The ASA offers a variety of education options for you and your people to help raise awareness and understanding of the standards and how they apply to your sector of advertising.
The education options are many and varied and can be adapted to suit your needs. We provide industry training as the need arises (for example, when a new Code is released). We also provide in-house education where you can opt for an ‘off the shelf’ pre-prepared presentation or work with us to customise a session for you and your team.
We make it easy for you by offering a range of options including, but not limited to;
- Examples of advertisements to explain the ASA Codes Principles, Rules and Guidelines
- Analysis of relevant Complaints Board decisions
- Role playing the parties to a complaint i.e. advertiser, agency, media, complaints board members
- Interactive sessions using Slido (real time questions and live polls)
- How to effectively respond to a complaint
- Introductory session on the ASA, the Codes and the Complaints Process for your new employees induction programme or for your students
There is a charge for in-house education from the ASA and this varies depending on your needs so get in touch to find out more.
- Social Media and Advertising Standards
This workshop will focus on ad standards and how they apply to social media platforms. It will include the role of Influencers along with relevant Complaints Board decisions on social media advertising. Here’s what people said about this workshop.
- “Extremely useful workshop to attend, great content and entirely relevant in the age of digital marketing and social media advertising.”
- “This workshop really helped with my understanding on how the ASA codes apply to social media specifically, as it is such a different advertising medium to traditional TV and print media.”
- “It was a great overview of how ASA approaches social media advertising and had excellent insights into how to approach working with influencers.”
- ASA 101 – What We Do and Why We Do It
This briefing is for anyone who has recently joined the advertising industry or who wants a reminder about our role. We’ll introduce the ASA and the importance of self-regulations in the advertising industry along with the advertising standards, our codes and the complaints process. Key decisions that have influenced ad standards will be shared with the group. Here’s what people say about this workshop:
- “Fantastic insight and overview of the work the ASA do. This course provides an excellent level of awareness for those who are in the industry.”
- “The content was interesting and I liked the examples of advertising used throughout the presentation.”
- Advertising in the Health & Wellness Industry
If you’re advertising a product or service in the health or wellness industry this wrkshop is for you! The legislation and advertising codes make this a complex area and many advertisers find this challenging. This session covers the application of the Therapeutic & Health Advertising Code, the important definitions in this Code and how to apply them to your product/service and your advertisement content. It also looks at advertising to treat an illness (therapeutic benefit) versus advertising to support good health (health benefit), testimonials and customer reviews (and when it’s problematic to include them in your advertising). This session will include a range of ad examples and recent complaints to explain how the ASA’s Therapeutic and Health Advertising Code is applied.
These one hour workshops can be delivered in-house for $400 + GST (plus travel if outside Auckland). Contact Claire Hofer for details.