Do you ever consider how well you and your people know and understand the ASA Codes and processes? Or perhaps you’ve recently experienced the complaints process for the first time ?
While the Advertising Standards may not always be top of mind in your busy job, they are a key part of maintaining advertising self-regulation in New Zealand. The ASA offers a variety of education options for you and your people to help raise awareness and understanding of the standards and how they apply to your sector of advertising.
The education options are many and varied and can be adapted to suit your needs. We provide industry training as the need arises (for example, when a new Code is released). We also provide in-house education where you can opt for an ‘off the shelf’ pre-prepared presentation or work with us to customise a session for you and your team.
We make it easy for you by offering a range of options including, but not limited to;
- Examples of advertisements to explain the ASA Codes Principles, Rules and Guidelines
- Analysis of relevant Complaints Board decisions
- Role playing the parties to a complaint i.e. advertiser, agency, media, complaints board members
- Interactive sessions using Slido (real time questions and live polls)
- How to effectively respond to a complaint
- Introductory session on the ASA, the Codes and the Complaints Process for your new employees induction programme or for your students
There is a charge for in-house education from the ASA and this varies depending on your needs so get in touch to find out more.