The ASCB is a nine member board, with five public members and four industry members.
- Raewyn Anderson – (Chair) Raewyn Anderson has been Chair of the Advertising Standards Complaints Board since 1 April 2016. She is a barrister, accredited adjudicator and an experienced complaints manager. She is very familiar with the application of standards in assessing whether or not a threshold has been breached. Raewyn is also a marriage celebrant and has a young family. Raewyn has been a member of the ASCB since 2014.
- Phil Broughton – (Deputy Chairman) A Chartered Accountant with 31 years’ experience and Consultant at Polson Higgs in Dunedin. Experience and expertise in business and training across a number of sectors and is of Ngai Tahu and Kahungunu descent.
- Dr Deborah Read – Registered medical practitioner with specialist qualifications in public health medicine. Public Health Consultant and Associate Professor at the Centre for Public Health Research, Massey University. Former Deputy Chair, Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Jerome Chapman – Barrister and Solicitor with BSc in Psychology. He has ten years’ experience handling complaints as a conciliator and team manager. Jerome is a first generation New Zealand (Samoan with Chinese and Tokelauan blood) and has strong community links. Jerome is currently employed at the Office of the Electricity and Gas Complaints Commissioner.
- Marj Noble – Self-employed registered Tax Agent/Accountant who has spent some years filling disciplinary roles within regulated industries. Currently Chair of a CAC (complaints assessment committee) with the Real Estate Agents Authority, and also works when required for NZ Psychologists Board on PCC’s (Professional Conduct Committees). A member of the Plumbers Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board for two terms and during the second term took responsibility for its disciplinary function.
Public Member Alternates
- Prue Kelly – Education Consultant, Former Principal, Wellington High School.
- Colin Magee – Lawyer and currently Head of Conduct at the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). In this role he has extensive experience reviewing advertising materials to assess whether they meet regulatory requirements. Prior to this Colin worked in roles as a consultant and General Counsel and Company Secretary for financial services companies in the United Kingdom.
The industry members come from diverse backgrounds in the advertising industry.
- Rachel Prince – Advertisers (NZ Transport Agency)
- Jessica Nikora – (Alternate) Advertisers (Tourism NZ)
- Grant Maxwell – Advertising Agencies
- Abigail Skelton – (Alternate) Advertising Agencies (Saatchi & Saatchi)
- Cheryl Kortink – Media (Fairfax Media)
- Brad Glading – (Alternate) Media (Yellow NZ)
- Andrea Fasching – Media (TVNZ)
- Jude Taylor – (Alternate) Media (Mediaworks)